Established in 2005, Gambit Research is an innovative software company with a focus on sports. Our flagship product, MollyBet, provides users with global sports betting liquidity, at compare-the-market best prices. We invented this market-leading product and we work tirelessly to defend our best-in-class status.
At Gambit, you’ll be encouraged to maintain a good work-life balance, and will benefit from flexible working hours, discretionary bonus scheme, private healthcare, generous private pension contributions, part-funded sabbaticals after five years of service, excellent holiday allowances (25 days, plus bank holidays and 2 company days at Christmas), an office chef multiple times per week serving healthy lunches, regular employee outings, opportunities to attend conferences in the UK and abroad, extensive and expanding technical library, height-adjustable desks, and hardware that suits you.
We’re very proud of the open, intelligent, and collaborative culture at We’re very proud of the open, intelligent and collaborative culture at Gambit, and are always looking to expand our development team. You’ll join our team of exceptional individuals, to pool your diverse experiences, enhance our existing systems, and build new products. So, if you have a deep understanding of computers, an interest in problem solving, want to join a company with a stimulating and development focussed culture, and have a proven ability to learn new skills, then we’d love to hear from you.
Purpose of the Role
Responsibilities and Duties
Your day-to-day duties and responsibilities will include, but won’t be limited to:
- Designing and developing enhancements to products
- Using libraries and technologies as appropriate for the task
- Developing code in a Linux environment
- Maintaining existing code
- Coordinating with team members on the development of larger components or new products
- Learning new skills and technologies as requirements evolve
- Giving input on the potential progression of the company and its systems
Skills and Competencies
You’ll need to have:
- The ability to work with HTML5 and CSS3
- Experience with ReactJS and Redux (other frameworks and libraries may be considered)
- To be comfortable working in a Linux development environment
- The ability to communicate well, both in writing and orally, and to quickly build strong, professional relationships with people from a diverse range of backgrounds
- The ability to work productively in a team, you’ll also be able to work effectively on solo projects
- An interest in sports or betting
- An understanding of and interested in UX / UI principles
- Knowledge of Web technologies and protocols (HTTP, HTTP/2, Websockets)
- The ability to use a server side scripting language; ideally Python but alternative experience is also valued
Qualifications and Experience
You’ll have the following:
- An excellent academic record, preferably a Bachelor’s degree or higher, or equivalent experience
- Previous experience of developing in a commercial environment
- Experience developing with Linux, including Bash scripting and the use of shell utilities such as grep, sed, find
Email us your CV, and tell us a bit about you.